Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ...
Date
Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ...  (Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 09:50:09PM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > >
> > > Can someone else take a quick peak at the tarball before we release it,
> > > just to make sure that nothing is missing?  Its in the normal place, but
> > > haven't announced it yet...
> > >

> > I downloaded, compiled and installed with no problem and a RedHat 6.0/x86
> > machine.  One thing I noticed is that the PG_SUBVERSION string is still
> > reporting 1.  I was confused for a minute when the program reported itself
> > as 6.5.1.  I thought the installation failed or something like that.  I
> > checked postgresql-6.5.3/src/include/version.h.in and sure enough, it's
> > defined a 6.5.1   If this is intentional, I'll slap myself for you.
> >
> > [root@loopy]# /usr/bin/psql basement
> > Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
> >   Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
> > [PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66]
>
> That seems totally wrong.  My version.h.in file says 6.5.3. Either you
> got the wrong file, or Marc has packaged the wrong files.

Not bad, eh?  I'm the one that creates the TAGS, and I don't even use the
wrong one...glad I got a "second opinion" on this before I put out a
release announcement *grin*

Fixing now ... there, new, and proper one, built ... *sheepish grin*

it seems to be the "in thing" nowadays to include an MD5 signature, so
here it is:

MD5(postgresql-6.5.3.tar.gz)= cf921a8aa2adc846a13e019ce920c83a

its in the postgresql-6.5.3.tar.gz.md5 file on the ftp site too...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org