Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > > Huh?  We certainly do --- or have you missed that
> > >  * Copyright (c) 1994, Regents of the University of California
> > > that's plastered across all the source files?
> >
> > Regarding which I have a question: at other locations I see (c) 1994-7
> > Univ. of California, or even (c) 1996-9 PostgreSQL Global Development
> > Team.
> >
> > I am not an expert in any of this, but I'm just wondering: when did the
> > involvement of the U of C end, when was the Global Development Team (tm)
> > formed and do both copyrights exits in parallel? What if someone
> > contributes something really major and fairly independent (say like
> > pg_access) and wants to keep his own copyright (with compatible license of
> > course)?
> >
> > And is the PostgreSQL Global Development Team any real entity that could
> > theoretically enforce that copyright or is it just an alias for "whoever
> > contributed"?
>
> Now there's a good question.  How long does the BSD imprint remain.  I
> assume forever.  It is still on BSD/OS files.  Only the ones they right
> from scrath get a BSDI imprint.

So, should we be extending the Date of the BSD license?  Like, is there no
copyright *after* 1997?  Or, can we do something like:
* Copyright (c) 1997-9*      PostgreSQL Global Development Team* Copyright (c) 1994-7*      The Regents of the
Universityof California.  All rights reserved.

Systems Administrator @ hub.org