Re: [PHP3] Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [PHP3] Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Michael Widenius wrote:

> Hi!
>
> <cut>
>
> The> What I'd love to see is a common set of data to work from, and table
> The> structures...then come up with, again, a common set of "results expected",
> The> from the database.  Then, let the MySQL guys provide their query for the
> The> results, and let the PostgreSQL guys come up with theirs, and compare
> The> *that*.  Don't compare how to get the results the fastest through MySQL,
> The> and then how the same query stands up under PostgreSQL...let us give them
> The> how to get it fastest from PostgreSQL...
>
> I have posted many messages to Postgresql developers about getting
> benchmark that shows where PosgreSQL is good, but I haven't found
> anyone that is interested in spending time on this!  I have got the
> definite feeling that the postgreSQL developers are not interested in
> working on benchmarks!

Who have you posted this as, and to what mailing lists?  At this time, I
don't recall ever seeing you post something, but it may have been that I
was so busy that it slip'd me by...

Our experiences *up until this past week* was that any time we tried to
get somethign fixed, it was met with resistence, so we just said to hell
with it...

Obviously, there has been some mis-communications going on here...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org