Re: your mail - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: your mail
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Moved off of -announce ...

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Diana Eichert wrote:

> hi
>
>     i'm not a Linux user, but an OpenBSD user.  recently Louis
> Bertrand posted some requests for assistance in getting ODBC support to
> work on the postgres port to openbsd.  i didn't see many responses to his
> requests, though I saw lots of discussions re: Linux problems.

I'm not much into ODBC myself, so can't help much, but could you have
Louis repost his problem.  The problem is that the 'Linux community' makes
up a very very large chunk (sadly *grin*) of our user base...but not
necessarily a large chunk of the developers.

I don't know if there are any OpenBSD "developers" right now...I'm
FreeBSD, as I believe Vadim is, Bruce is BSD/OS, and Thomas is Linux...I
don't know what anyone else is...except D'Arcy, who's Net/BSD ... Vince, I
believe, is FreeBSD also ... so there is a pretty good proportion of *BSD
users out there, but I don't think any of us use ODBC vs 'straight
interfaces'...

Basically, if you are non-Linux in this world nowadays, you have to learn
to be a little more pushy to get your point across :(