Re: [GENERAL] cgi with postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff MacDonald
Subject Re: [GENERAL] cgi with postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
normal users are not allowed to chown files to oterh users..

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Monday 17 January 2000, at 11 h 18, the keyboard of Jeff MacDonald
> <jeff@hub.org> wrote:
>
> > > My CGIs sources a config file, in mode 700, only readable by 'www' (the user
> > > which executes Apache).
> >
> > this option works, but not well if the user isn't root.
>
> Can you elaborate? Of course, it works well and of course, the actual user is not root.

Jeff MacDonald
jeff@hub.org

 So long as the Universe had a beginning, we can suppose it had a
creator, but if the Universe is completly self contained , having
no boundry or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed
 It would simply be.