Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 1999-11-23, Thomas Lockhart mentioned:
>
> > Was someone going to rewrite the installation procedure? I was looking
> > at it myself and agree with the thread from a month or two ago that it
> > is *much* too complicated and verbose. Several steps should be moved
> > to subsequent sections as reference or backup material (e.g. flex,
> > regression tests), and the whole thing could be substantially
> > condensed.
>
> Along the way, I am currently collecting evidence for a
> installation/makefile/autoconf/source tree cleanup. The documentation
> update should probably be done along with this. When I get some time (not
> before the end of this year) I would be willing to work on this, perhaps
> together with Vince, as he had some good ideas a while back.

I looked around on three different machines for the document I was working
on when I finally realized why it's nowhere to be found.  I deleted it
'cuze it became clear that configure needed to be changed and there's a
good chance it's beyond me to do it.  I was thinking along the lines of
an additional --with for the postgres user and using that for install.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null # include <std/disclaimers.h>       Have you
seenhttp://www.pop4.net?       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com