I am new to this - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Khristos I. Khoury
Subject I am new to this
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Greetings,
I am new to this and have very short time to complete this project, so
please excuse  me if I this question has been asked before.
My situation:
I installed Postgress on Unix FreeBSD server 3.0 created a data base.
I can access data base from Microsoft Access97 with and update with no
problems.  My project is to use Visual Basic 5.0 and be able to link to my
data base on the Unix server and upate information.
The problem I having is that VisData (Visual Data Manager) I see a
user:admin shwoing on the bottom left of the screen and everything is Read
Only. I checked The ODBC properties and made sure that ReadOnly was
unchecked. Also I gave full permission to anyone to access my Data Base on
the Unix server.
The question is what am I missing that is holding me from updating?
I tried in the option Worksapce to enter my username and password on the
Unix server Data Base to connect but it will not accept it..!!
Any help will be appreciated.

Khristos I  Khoury
ikhoury@user1.stritch.edu