Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Adriaan Joubert wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't want to create a polemic, but is it possible to make a
> > > recovery of the previous WWW interfaces of the postgreSQL.org site?
> > > What does an elephant do on the home page? Probably you have been
> > > hacked :-)
> >
> > The elephant surrounded by the diamond has been adopted as our official
> > logo...we've really gotta come up with a short 'explanation' of the logo
> > though, too many ppl are confused.
> >
> Well, I like the new logo. I think the last logo looked too
> 70s/early-80s and this one is great. And I don't mind the new web-page
> design either.
>
> Just mentioning it, because the people who like something usually stay
> quiet....And it is good that the logo doesn't look like all the other
> rectangular box-logos that have become so common.

You are soooo right, from the 'stay quiet' point of view.  As anyone that
has known me since day one will *hopefully* attest, I generally try and
say nothing unless it is something that stands out to me...I can't do
better, so why critic unless they finally hit on something I like :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org