Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Goran Thyni wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > Before this patch is applied, havae we determined wheteher or not its even
> > a useful thing to pursue?  I thought the general conscious was that, for
> > us, it wasn't...
>
> I would have to investigate further before making any final judgement.
> But having the test in configure/config.h can't hurt should me or
> someone
> else find a worthwhile speedup using alloca, can it?
>
> If you want something more substantial you have to wait,
> I just posted the patch to make it available to other
> eager investigators.

Let's go with the wait scenario...one thing I've always hated with other
packages and configure is watching them run forever checking for things
that are never used, but checking "just cause it can" *roll eyes*

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org