Re: [HACKERS] configure revisions to autodetect USE_POSIX_SIGNALS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] configure revisions to autodetect USE_POSIX_SIGNALS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Tom Lane wrote:

> I have just checked into the main-branch CVS tree some revisions
> to allow autoconf to decide whether the system has POSIX signals
> or not, rather than relying on the platform os.h file to tell us.
> This seems to be the only reasonable way to support all the
> different versions of HPUX correctly.
>
> I would like to check this into the 6.4 branch for 6.4.1, but
> I'm afraid Marc will break my thumbs if I just do that without
> any outside testing ;-).  Please let me know whether this works
> OK on your platform.
Configure related changes, for the most part, do not bother me
along the Release branch...only something that will actually affect the
backend server does...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org