Re: PostgreSQL + year 2000 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: PostgreSQL + year 2000
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Gregor...

    I believe we are compliant, up to at least the year 2039, when
Unix has its "problems".  Thomas would be better at answering this,
though, as he knows the 'date/time' code the best...

    Unix, in general, doesn't fall under the Y2K problem, since its
dates are represented in seconds since epoch...which hits its limit aroudn
the year 2039, and I elieve all our dates are represented as the full
year (1998), not the partial (98)...