Re: [HACKERS] cidr - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] cidr
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> > I like INET too.  It is up to you.
>
> How do folks feel about polymorphism between IPv4 and IPv6?  Should we (a)
> make it work (either by making internal_length=10 or going variable length)
> or (b) just make this thing IPv4 only and take care of IPv6 separately/later?

    Not sure about b, but doesn't FreeBSD (at least) already support
IPv6?  If so, I imagine that Linux does too?  How much "later" are we
talking about here?

    I'm sorry, but the IPv4 vs IPv6 issue hasnt' been something I've
followed much, so don't know the differences...:(