Re: [HACKERS] regular expressions from hell - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] regular expressions from hell
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, David Gould wrote:

> Article 10705 of comp.os.linux.misc:
> Newsgroups: gnu.announce,gnu.utils.bug,comp.os.linux.misc,alt.sources.d
> Subject: Rx 1.9
> Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:40:00 -0700 (PDT)
>
> The latest version of Rx, 1.9, is available on the web at:
>
>     http://users.lanminds.com/~lord
>     ftp://emf.net/users/lord/src/rx-1.9.tar.gz
>  and at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/rx-1.9.tar.gz and mirrors of that
>                                                 site (see list below).

The reason that we do not use this particular Regex package is that *it*
falls under the "Almighty GPL", which conflicts with our Berkeley
Copyright...

Now, is there is a standardized spec on this, though, what would it take
to change our Regex to follow it, *without* the risk of tainting our code
with GPLd code?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org