Re: a little question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: a little question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Olive Liew wrote:

> I regret to tell you that your support is exceedingly poor.  A simple question
> like below . .

    Our support is as good as the users that use it and read the
mailing lists...we have no official support channel *except* for the
mailing lists...

    On top of that, pgsql-questions@postgresql.org was disabled around
May 1st of this year, split into 3 seperate lists in order to help improve
the ability for ppl to actually read the messages going through...

    When I received this, as I did not know the answer, I forwarded a
copy to pgsql-general@postgresql.org, in case someone else could answer
it...

    As I only received a copy of this this morning, and sent it out
right afterwards, I'd say the turn around into the proper channels was
quite quick...

> I know that your software is free.   Our software is free too and I never
> refuse to help anyone who puts any question to me.

    Neither do we, if we can answer the question, we do...if its
posted to the right mailing lists, it generally even gets answered faster
:)