Re: [GENERAL] Should I run regression tests? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Should I run regression tests?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Doug Lo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw the file INSTALL and I ran regression tests, I saw lots of failed tests,
> what do they mean?
> If I have failed tests, how do I fix it? If I don't run regression tests, what's
> the consequences I have?
> Would anyone tell me, thanks.

    To be honest, the only ppl that should be required to run
regression tests are those that are developing and preparing for
releases...for someone installing, they don't really give a warm fuzzy
feeling due to the discrepencies that the various platforms show that we
consider to be "normal" :(

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org