Re: [GENERAL] Not about LOGOs this time... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Not about LOGOs this time...
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Not about LOGOs this time...  (Tom Good <tomg@nrnet.org>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Tom Good wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Bruce Tong wrote:
>
> > > Bruce - I have, being generally obnoxious and pushy, asked for a newbie
> > > list for people like me-self: slow on the uptake but persistent.
> > > I have heard nothing back, except from Jose who liked the idea and
> > > apparently was willing to serve as a dispenser of info (which he does
> > > very well.)
> >
> > I would use the list if it existed. If it is not created, then we can make
> > a private list. I've got a majordomo running we can use, but it wouldn't
> > be officially part of the PostgreSQL effort, of course.
> >
> > A Linux-PostgreSQL support group.

> exclusively devoted to running postgres on linux, except for one fella
> who is currently struggling with uugetty...)  It is very young and early
> but we are making headway!
>
> We could sure use your help, guy.  Maybe Marc would be willing to make
> us the sort of unofficial-official blacksheep list?  I could live with
> that!  ;-)

Ack...spreading out the lists is only going to make this worse, not better
:(

Want to make some suggestions on list names?  pgsql-newbie I know of, and
if you *really* think its required, I'll work it up tomorrow...do we want
OS specific lists though? pgsql-admin-linux? *raised eyebrow*

Maybe I should create a totally seperate list for this, but if anyone has
suggestions for improving support (improvements to the WWW site, better
descriptions of lists, etc), *please* feel free to speak up.  If it is
something that you want me to split off a list (pgsql-chat?) for, I'll
create it...it doesn't take any more resources for me to run 6 lists, or
20 lists...the hard part is keeping ppl informed and organized (ie.
prevent posting the wrong thing to the wrong lists)...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org