Re: [QUESTIONS] 6.2.1 Server with 6.3 libpq client?? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [QUESTIONS] 6.2.1 Server with 6.3 libpq client??
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Redirected to 'the proper list' - pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Chris Albertson wrote:

> I looked through the documentation.  I didn't find the answer.
>
> Can you mix and match client and server versions or must
> a re-compile all my client code when a server is ungraded.

    No...the actually protocols changed this time through....you can't
use an older libpq, or any other interface, without recompiling with the
new libraries...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org