7.0.2 regressions testing on Sparc running 2.5.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Subject 7.0.2 regressions testing on Sparc running 2.5.1
Date
Re: 7.0.2 regressions testing on Sparc running 2.5.1
List pgsql-novice
I ran across some interesting (at least to me) initial results
in regression testing 7.0.2 on my Ultra 2 running Solaris 2.5.1.

The makefile in regress/sql deletes the create_function_1.sql,
create_function_2.sql, copy.sql, contraints.sql and misc.sql
files when you run make all.  Then when you run make runtest,
those tests fail (cause error messages) are the executable
scripts are no longer there.  I understand why int8 fails
as a test (2.5.1 doesn't have int8's), and I am still looking
into create_function_2, triggers, subselect and plpgsql.
There seems to be quite a bit more than timezone and floating point
roundoffs here.

Gord

Matter Realisations     http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101  9504 182 St. NW    Edmonton, AB, CA  T5T 3A7
780/481-8019            ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca