Fourth email on compilining 7.0.2 on Solaris 2.5.1 (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Subject Fourth email on compilining 7.0.2 on Solaris 2.5.1 (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-novice
> I added a line to config.h in the section on vsnprintf
> which did a #include <varargs.h>

I guess I should learn to read the manpages a little closer.
What I needed to ad was a call to stdarg.h, since everytime
a variable number of arguments were present, there was at
least one known one.  I made 2 changes to the PostgreSQL
source tree to get the compile to run (no idea if things
work at this point):

 1) Add a
      #define SOLARIS251 1
    to the end of include/config.h
 2) Add a
      #if defined( SOLARIS251 )
      #include <stdarg.h>
      #endif
    immediately in front of the declaration of vsnprintf in
    include/c.h

I suspect that this problem could be handled by tweaking the
configure setup, but I don't know enough about it.

Gord

Matter Realisations     http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101  9504 182 St. NW    Edmonton, AB, CA  T5T 3A7
780/481-8019            ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca