RE: Backup strategy - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David Barron
Subject RE: Backup strategy
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 11:45 AM David Barron <david.barron@zencos.com> wrote:
> David Barron <david.barron@zencos.com> writes:
> > I'm responsible for a couple of databases that have constraints and indexes on most, if not all, of the tables,
whichmeans that the tables have to be backed up and restored in the correct order to take the constraints into account.
But pg_dump and pg_restore don't take that into account, so when doing restores I was running into errors.

Are you doing the backups on a physical replica?

I wonder if it could be related to an issue that this user also ran into a little while ago:

https://postgr.es/m/17846-1a0e5ce976f4c01a@postgresql.org

--
Peter Geoghegan

No, it is not a physical replica.