Re: Free disk space decreasing after running Vaccum Full - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Idelette Tchakounte
Subject Re: Free disk space decreasing after running Vaccum Full
Date
List pgsql-admin
Yes it will decrease as it removes the fragmentation and dirty from existing table.

If you're in cloud environment, it can be done easily from cloud console

body,p,li,div{mso-style-name:signature365-maynzkau;mso-style-priority:99;margin:0cm;color:black}a{mso-style-name:signature365-link-maynzkau;mso-style-priority:99;text-decoration:underline;color:blue;}
ACTIdelette Tchakounte
Sr Database Administrator
Advanced Call Center Technologies, LLC
itchakounte@acttoday.com

From: Sabyasachi Mukherjee <mukherjee.sabyasachi@outlook.com>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2024 9:58:34 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>; pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Free disk space decreasing after running Vaccum Full

CAUTION

This is an external email originating from outside of ACT; do not click links or open attachments unless you know the content is safe.

Hello All,
The disk space is decreasing drastically after running "Vaccum Full".
I was expecting increase of free disk space after running those commands. I am on Postgresql 16.1
Any guidance/advise?

Sabyasachi Mukherjee
Attachment