Re: Problems installing DBI - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From E.Boyd
Subject Re: Problems installing DBI
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, Jason Tishler wrote:

> Install the w32api package.

Thanks Jason! DBI installed fine after I did that.

I'm having some trouble installing DBD::Pg now; I think I've missed
something here too (same error when installing by hand or CPAN):

---

$ perl Makefile.PL
Configuring Pg
Remember to actually read the README file !
please set environment variables POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB !

$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

---

From the README, I gather that the environment variables have to be set, or
it won't work. As I installed PostgreSQL through the CYGWIN setup, I'm not
sure what the values should be, or even how to set them.

Can someone please enlighten me? :)

Thanks!

Emily