RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos H. Reimer
Subject RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Erik,

> Are all of these remote connections from the same machine?  Did you
> upgrade your client postgres libraries on your remote machine(s) as
> well?

No, the problem happens with many machines where our Visual Basic
applications is running. After debuging the application we discovered that
the problem was always with "select *" statements. We started then some
tests to understand what was happening. This tests were done using the psql
utility from a Windows Postgresql 8.2.4 server against the SUSE PG 8.2.4
production server. Using this Windows server we make all the other tests
against the SUSE PG 8.2.4 production server.

Reimer