RES: RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos H. Reimer
Subject RES: RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely
Date
List pgsql-general
> "Carlos H. Reimer" <carlos.reimer@opendb.com.br> writes:
> > SELECT * or naming all the columns locks the client
> application. Yesterday
> > I´ve wrongly said that when naming all the columns instead of
> using the *
> > the applications did not lock.
>
> Hm, are you sure it's not one specific column that's causing the
> problem?
Yes, I´ve just doublechecked again. The table has 11 columns, I used 11
SELECTs, one for each column, and all run successfully. Started adding more
columns, no problem. When the full list of columns was specified in the
SELECT it locked.