RE: pg_type_d.h location incorrect - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: pg_type_d.h location incorrect
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 12:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote
>In the first place, it's somewhere between unhelpful and flat out wrong for
>people on Windows, where the backtick notation doesn't work (AFAIK).
>In the second, it will distract almost every user, who will need
>to stop for a second or two to think about what context they would
>use backticks in, and about what pg_config is, and whether the right
>pg_config is even in their $PATH, and about why --pkgincludedir is
>the right switch.  If they don't already have a bunch of those facts
>swapped in, it will take a lot longer than a second or two to figure
>out what is meant here.  That seems completely out of proportion to
>the value of having this passing mention be pedantically correct.

Thanks for your comments.
You're right, backtick notation doesn't work at my windows machine.
But I made the fix in accordance with the pg-doc as below. So maybe we need a fix there, too?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-pgservice.html
a system-wide file at `pg_config --sysconfdir`/pg_service.conf

Regards,
Tang