Problems changing type of column using pgAdmin... - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Timon Meyer
Subject Problems changing type of column using pgAdmin...
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello,

I am a beginner in using the pgAdmin for Windows and I have following
question:

once I have created a table and a column it is not possible to change the
field type or size within pgAdmin.
Only possible is to add or remove a column, the other fields or disabled.
Is there any possibility to change the field size and/or type using pgAdmin?
Or do I have to do it manually using the ALTER TABLE SQL command?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance,

kindly regards,

Timon Meyer
Mustek Optic Computer GmbH
Hansemannstraße 63