Re: Testing of MVCC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Subject Re: Testing of MVCC
Date
List pgsql-general
Firebird has MVCC also (they call it multi-generational record architecture
--- MGRA), and may have at least a good test plan, though it may not cover
effects of rules, triggers, functions, and constraints.  Those are the
killer test cases.  I don't have time to look.

http://firebird.sourceforge.net/

Rick

pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote on 08/09/2005 02:19:56 PM:

> > Matt Miller <mattm@epx.com> writes:
> > > I want to write some regression tests that confirm the behavior of
> > > multiple connections simultaneously going at the same tables/rows.
Is
> > > there something like this already, e.g. in src/test/regress?
> >
> > No.  You should consult the pghackers archives --- there have been
> > discussions in the past about creating a test harness that would
support
> > useful concurrent testing.  No one's gotten around to it yet, but
surely
> > we need one.
> There's something *somewhat* related here:
>
>  http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-

bin/viewcvs/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/testing/concurrency-torture-test.py