Re: Pg_Dump of schema? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject Re: Pg_Dump of schema?
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear.  Maybe I should have use the word sub-schema.
I have a Development  server that contains database DB1 with schemas:
Public, Test_1, Test_2, Test_3

I would like to export schema only Test_3 so that I can import this schema
into my Production database DB1

pg_dump --schema only appears to do the  entire database and not just a
particular sub-schema

Thanks again

Patrick Hatcher

           Shridhar Daithankar
           <shridhar_daithanka
           r@myrealbox.com>                                             To
                                      Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher@macys.com>
           12/09/2003 01:02 AM                                          cc
                                      pgsql-general@postgresql.org
                                                                   Subject
                                      Re: [GENERAL] Pg_Dump of schema?

Patrick Hatcher wrote:

> Pg:  7.4.
>
> I thought there was supposed to be switch to allow dumping of schema X
from
> a database in version 7.4?  But I don't see one.
> Is it still not possible?

pg_dump --schema does not do it?

  http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/app-pgdump.html

  Shridhar