Reclaiming space for dropped database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Reclaiming space for dropped database
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

Our current development database server is running a bit low on diskspace,
so I dropped an old but rather large database with the intention of
claiming back some space. However, the space remains claimed.

This server was upgraded from PG10 to PG11 using pg_upgrade's --link
option.

I see this after having dropped the (300+GB) database:
-bash-4.2$ du -d 1 -h
4.0K    ./.cache
0       ./.config
4.0K    ./9.6
376G    ./10
72G     ./11
447G    .

The files of that database apparently still exist within the ./10
directory:
-bash-4.2$ du -d 1 -h ./10/data/
4.1G    ./10/data/pg_wal
816K    ./10/data/global
0       ./10/data/pg_commit_ts
0       ./10/data/pg_dynshmem
8.0K    ./10/data/pg_notify
0       ./10/data/pg_serial
0       ./10/data/pg_snapshots
208K    ./10/data/pg_subtrans
0       ./10/data/pg_twophase
16K     ./10/data/pg_multixact
372G    ./10/data/base
0       ./10/data/pg_replslot
0       ./10/data/pg_tblspc
3.5M    ./10/data/pg_stat
0       ./10/data/pg_stat_tmp
4.0K    ./10/data/pg_logical
96K     ./10/data/log
688K    ./10/data/pg_xact
376G    ./10/data/

How do I reclaim that space?

Regards,
Alban Hertroys

Alban  Hertroys
D: +31 (0)53 4 888 888  | T: +31 (0)53 4888 888 | E: alban.hertroys@apollovredestein.com
Apollo Vredestein B.V.| Ir. E.L.C. Schiffstraat 370, 7547 RD Enschede, The
Netherlands
Chamber of Commerce number: 34223268

The information contained in this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or action in relation to the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful and request you to delete this message and any
attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail. The confidentiality of this
message is not warranted. Apollo Vredestein and its subsidiaries rule out any
and every liability resulting from this or any other electronic transmission