Re: Not able to connect to server from PHP - Mailing list pgsql-php

From timothy_maguire@hartehanks.com
Subject Re: Not able to connect to server from PHP
Date
List pgsql-php
When I connect I don't like to use the user name attribute.  You might also
want to try the port attribute.

Try something like this:

$conn =pg_connect("host=localhost port=5432 dbname=personnel") or die
("unable to connect to Internal DB");

Tim.

Timothy P. Maguire
Web Developer II
Harte-Hanks
978 436 3325

                      Jeff Self
                      <jself@ci.newport-n        To:       pgsql-php@postgresql.org
                      ews.va.us>                 cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Not able to connect to server from PHP
                      pgsql-php-owner@pos
                      tgresql.org

                      01/22/2002 03:13 PM

I'm working on a personnel database for my department. I can connect
just fine using 'psql personnel'. I've created a PHP script to get a
list of departments, but I'm getting the following error message:

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: Peer authentication
failed for user 'jeff' in /var/www/personnel/departments.php on line 10
Unable to connect to database.

Here's my script:
<?php
//
// Display Departments
//
// departments.php, v 1.0

include ($DOCUMENT_ROOT.'/personnel/include/functions.inc');

$conn = pg_pconnect("dbname=personnel user=jeff");
if (!$conn) {
 echo "Unable to connect to database.";
 exit;
}

Everything is running locally right now, Apache, PHP, PostgreSQL. I
never modified my pg_hba.conf file. Everything looks identical as my
system at home. I'm running PostgreSQL 7.1.3 and PHP 4.1.1.
--
Jeff Self
City of Newport News

HARTE- HANKS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION- if you are not the
addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not
use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein and should delete this message.