Re: Favorite Linux Editor for PostgreSQL Scripts?/keyboards - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Steve_Miller@sil.org
Subject Re: Favorite Linux Editor for PostgreSQL Scripts?/keyboards
Date
List pgsql-novice

On 02/06/2003 09:48:55 AM Chris Thompson wrote:

>Not so sure that the problem is the keyboard, more how you use it.
>Get a decent keyboard and learn to type, you should be fine.

Not necessarily. I can tell you several stories of people I know personally
with problems. One in particular is in his early 30s, and his wrists are
wrecked. I had problems with my wrists hurting while in my early 30s. I
bought a Kinesis, learned the Dvorak layout, and use a GryoMouse. My wrists
usually don't hurt anymore. When they do, I know I haven't taken a break as
I should.

>On the linux side, skip emacs, use vim, tis a lovely editor :)
>Besides that, you could use some of the development IDE's such as
>KDevelop.

Thanks for the feedback.

Steve Miller
SIL International