Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From martin.chantler@convergys.com
Subject Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Just a quicky
I think that RH's involvement will be good for all users of PostGres
      whichever o/s is
run, even if you run it on Windows (!)

I'm optimistic and think that they will just muck in and help improve it
even further. MySQL has had some good marketing whereas PostGres has relied
on its technical abilities - this should make it more generally known to
      the
wider world.
To me its good since there are other DB's out there they could have chosen
(MySQL has its limitations but could have been fixed, Firebird (forked
      InterBase) )
I'm glad they thought PostGres was the best of the bunch and I would have
      been dissapointed
if they had not.

Perhaps they will also help with non-core stuff like ODBC/ADO drivers,
      admin utilities
(ala Oracle but perhaps with a few less bugs :) ), etc...

Lets give them some support and encouragement!

MC

Patrick Macdonald <patrickm@redhat.com>@postgresql.org on 05/07/2001
16:31:46

Sent by:  pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org