Re: pg_dump & windows (what a mess...!) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From pmiranda@vm.com.br
Subject Re: pg_dump & windows (what a mess...!)
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi, Stephan!

No, unfortunately, not. It doesn't work at all.

But I'm not lost anymore. Our buddy Tony Reina asked me to do a few things,
among them, setting some variables like pghost and pgdata, and, now
everything is okay.

I wanna thank all of you who kindly answered my post.

I'm working hard to be as good as yourselves and can help others like me
who are initiating with Postgres. I choose a platform which is not likely
to be very popular in open-source's world, so... who knows, can I, in the
future, get there?!

Thank you, very much, again.

Greetings from Brazil,

Paulo

                    Stephan Szabo

                    <sszabo@megazone23.big        To:     pmiranda@vm.com.br

                    panda.com>                    cc:

                                                  Subject:     Re: [ADMIN] pg_dump & windows (what a mess...!)

                    06/09/01 21:06

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 pmiranda@vm.com.br wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think I'm closer than yesterday to solving my troubles, but still need
> some help (remember I couldn't start pg_dump from DOS' command line?
well,
> I still can't....).
>
> As I couldn't what I was trying to, I tried to connect to Postgres via
psql
> (from the command line) and I got the message:
>
> connectDB() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
> Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' and accepting connections on
Unix
> socket '5432'?

Hmm, do
psql -h localhost
pg_dump -h localhost
work?

I think that'll force tcp connections rather than trying for a local unix
socket.  I haven't worked with postgres under windows, but that might help
you.