Re: Postgresql Text field / Visual FoxPro Memo and ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com
Subject Re: Postgresql Text field / Visual FoxPro Memo and ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
Margaret Gillon, IS Dept., Chromalloy Los Angeles, ext. 297

Josué Maldonado <josue@lamundial.hn> wrote on 01/12/2005 01:50:07 PM:

> El 12/01/2005 3:38 PM, MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com en su mensaje
escribio:

> > I am using updatable cursors. I set up the cursor and set the cursor
> > properties to updateable and set the key field property so it knows the
key
> > on the Postgresql table. The cursors are managed by a VFP class written
by
> > a programmer named Andy Kramek. He uses this class to manage updateable
> > cursors in UI's for Oracle databases, I think on Unix servers. I have
also
> > used the class to talk to an SQLServer on Windows2000.
> >
> > The advantage with cursors is that I can pull down a set of 100-200
> > records, edit them, and send them back to the server and only one round
> > trip has occured. Saves a lot of time when loading new tables, which is
> > what I'm doing currently.
>
> True, I also use SPT cursors in VFP and haven't had any issues with text
> /memo columns so far.
>
> > I looked in the archives and there are messages about this problem but
the
> > fix for it was in the PGAdmin software. I didn't see anything that
talked
> > about the same problem / fix for ODBC.
>
> How about ODBC version conflicts, I have Postgresql ODBC driver version
> 8, I got it downloading latest pgadmin 3 version.
>

> --
> Sinceramente,
> Josué Maldonado.
>
> "El aspecto más triste de la vida actual es que la ciencia gana en
> conocimiento más rápidamente que la sociedad en sabiduría." -- Isaac
Asimov

I just downloaded and installed the lastest PGADMIN III, but I didnt' get a
new ODBC driver. The only file in the download was pgadmin3.msi.

The driver I have is ODBC version 7.03.02.00 dated 10-22-2003. That is the
newest driver I see listed on the Postgresql site. Where can I get the 8
version?

Margaret Gillon, IS Dept., Chromalloy Los Angeles, ext. 297