"Large object (lo)" and PostgreSQL 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From gerhard.lutz@mbtech-group.com
Subject "Large object (lo)" and PostgreSQL 8.4
Date
List pgsql-general

Hello,
I've got an installation problem with the contrib module "Large object (lo)" and PostgreSQL 8.4.
I hope this is the correct mailing list for that. I'm sorry if not.

I want to adapt the installation routines of my Windows application to PostgreSQL 8.4. In earlier versions of
PostgreSQL I was able to click the contrib module  "Large object (lo)" while installing the PostgreSQL server.
In 8.4 this is not offered any more and I didn't find any information or download package in the internet.
So at the moment I must restore an old database backup to get the large object functionalities.

Now what is the correct way to install the contrib module "lo" in PostgreSQL 8.4?

Best regards
Gerhard Lutz
MBtech GmbH, Sindefingen, Germany

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.