Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: broken backup trail in case of quicklypatroni switchback and forth - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brad Nicholson
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: broken backup trail in case of quicklypatroni switchback and forth
Date
In response to AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: broken backup trail in case ofquickly patroni switchback and forth  ("Zwettler Markus (OIZ)" <Markus.Zwettler@zuerich.ch>)
List pgsql-general

"Zwettler Markus (OIZ)" <Markus.Zwettler@zuerich.ch> wrote on 2019/11/08 11:54:14 AM:

> > (please don't top post, makes the replies hard to follow)
>
> > patronictl switchover <clustername>
>
> > follow the prompts
>
> > there is also a /switchover API endpoint you can use.
>
> > Brad

> I wondered about your "patronictl switchover + systemd" hint. How
> would you do ("gate") this combination?

Change whatever process you are using today to shut things down to call the patroni switchover first, check error codes, etc.