Re: Cheap RAM disk? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Subject Re: Cheap RAM disk?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> you'd be much better served by
> putting a big NVRAM cache in front of a fast disk array

I agree with the point below, but I think price was the issue of the
original discussion.  That said, it seems that a single high speed spindle
would give this a run for its money in both price and performance, and for
the same reasons Mike points out.  Maybe a SCSI 160 or 320 at 15k, or maybe
even something slower.

Rick