Re: PostgreSQL slammed by PHP creator - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon_Kelly@moh.govt.nz
Subject Re: PostgreSQL slammed by PHP creator
Date
Re: PostgreSQL slammed by PHP creator  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>)
List pgsql-general
pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote on 15/09/2006 04:40:04 a.m.:

> > I wasn't able to find anything the "article" worth discussing. If you
> > give up A, C, I, and D, of course you get better performance- just
like
> > you can get better performance from a wheel-less Yugo if you slide it
> > down a luge track.
>
> I don't think a Yugo would give you better performance no matter what
> you do ;)

I found in my youth that a mini slides better on it roof than on it's
wheels.

As a comment on his points though, isn't it better to use the right tool
for the job rather than try to force one tool to do everything?  I've
never used a hammer to put in a screw.

I don't use what is basically a web page generator to improve the
performance of my database.

broadcast)---------------------------

> >               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
> >

> --
>
>     === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
>     Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
>               http://www.commandprompt.com/

Statement of confidentiality: This e-mail message and any accompanying
attachments may contain information that is IN-CONFIDENCE and subject to
legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message.

by the Ministry of Health's Content and Virus Filtering Gateway