Re: Uninstall mess Postgresql 7.3.4, 8.1.4 on Redhat 9 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com
Subject Re: Uninstall mess Postgresql 7.3.4, 8.1.4 on Redhat 9
Date
List pgsql-general

>Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote on 09/19/2007 10:12:26 AM:
> It wouldn't, but your old data still need to be dumped and restored;
> and without a running 8.1, that won't help you.  Unless you mean that
> you'd install 8.2.x and load from a backup.

Thank you for your help. I wasn't able to repair the 8.1.4 install but I moved it out of the way before installing 8.2.5 so it is still intact. I was able to push my database into the newer version from the sql backup file. I am hoping to fix the 8.1.4 version next week. I now have breathing space since the database is back on-line in the 8.2.5 version, my clients can attach, and my backup is functional.

Margaret Gillon