Re: bad block problem - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From jkells
Subject Re: bad block problem
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 22:09:23 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 21:22:05 +0000, jkells wrote:
>
>> I do not have a recent backup of this database/table
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Here's some help: Next time you establish a database, set up and test
> the backup regime.
>
> We hear this tale of woe time and time again. I have *no* sympathy.

I not asking for sympathy just stating the facts that there isnt a
current backup and I am relying on identifying and correcting a bad
block.  The question to the group is help in understanding how to
identify a bad block with the given information that I was able to
obtain.