Re: access is denied completely from postgresql!! - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David
Subject Re: access is denied completely from postgresql!!
Date
List pgsql-admin
I just worked out how to initialize a new database location and did that so all working now! I just have to recreate my databases.  Thanks!! :)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2002 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] access is denied completely from postgresql!!

The Postgresql version is 7.0.3-8 and i am running it on Redhat 7.1.  I dont really worry about the database backup because i had only basically created a few databases with test data at this stage.  So im kind of new to the PostgreSQL.  If i try to service it with Webmin, which worked before the crash, Webmin now returns the following kind of error..for example, retrieving a list of users of the system:

SQL select * from pg_shadow failed : pg_shadow: Permission denied.

I can see the current data in the current database, just cant do anything with that, add users, or give users permission etc.

I dont mind deleting the databases and starting again!!

thanks!