Re: Press Release, Final Draft? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Press Release, Final Draft?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> Peter Eisentraut
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Here's my synthesis for the final draft of the press release.    In
> > order to get some of the quotes I want, it has to be more-or-less
> > finished by THURSDAY NIGHT.   So please give your feedback on what
> > version of the text to use or any changes you want to see.
>
> Why is this the final draft if the release it still more than one month
> away?

...all things need to be completed sometime in advance.

Just as we have a code freeze months before release, we must also expect a
PR freeze sometime in advance of the release. Many of the publications that
will carry this story run hardcopy print runs with editorial freezes well in
advance of actual release onto the shelves or out to their subscribers.

Hopefully the press release will also be translated into 10+ languages?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs