Re: Press Release -- Just Waiting for Tom - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jason Hihn
Subject Re: Press Release -- Just Waiting for Tom
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I wasn't trying to use any formatting. The CGI did that all on it's own...
It put my comments into the PRE block of the annoucement. Maybe moving the
closing PRE tag is all it will need?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Treat [mailto:xzilla@users.sourceforge.net]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 1:06 PM
To: Jason Hihn
Cc: pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Press Release -- Just Waiting for Tom

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 11:39, Jason Hihn wrote:
> FYI. I just tried to add a comment to the page, and I got <hr><b> rather
> than the formatting of a hard-return and bolding. (i.e. "<hr><b>2002/11/18
> 10:22 EST (via web):</b><br>" appeared rather than it formatted.

perhaps comments don't allow html formatting? Justin, can you confirm
this?

> I'll also ask what I asked there, here:
> Are there any new replication/backup features?

There haven't been major changes in these areas. There are some
commercial companies that are offering replication solutions you can
look at.  I also know Point In Time Recovery is planned for version 7.4
as well.

BTW - A complete list of changes is included in the source distributions
if you want to check for something specific.

Robert Treat