Re: Starting postmaster with the option -i - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nick Fankhauser
Subject Re: Starting postmaster with the option -i
Date
List pgsql-admin
Raquel-

I believe that by v7.1, this could be placed in the postgresql.conf file.
(Found in /etc/postgresql on our Debian Linux box.) the line to add is:

tcpip_socket = 1

check out this page for details:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?runtime-config.html

It's probably not starting up right because of something going on in
/etc/init.d/postgresql on the startup. Try looking in this file if you want
to do the startup using the -i command line option.

-Nick