No such file or directory: ./configure - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From T.J. Hoo
Subject No such file or directory: ./configure
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi!

I want to install PostgreSQL 7.3.3 on the HP-UX.

Unfortunately, I encounter error even in the first step of the installation
procedure. I'm not able to find the 'configure' file/command in my
directories, any idea what could be the error?

The following shows the details and error:

  ~>cd postgresql-7.3.3/src/
  ~/postgresql-7.3.3/src>

  ~/postgresql-7.3.3/src>gmake --version
  GNU Make version 3.77, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.

  ~/postgresql-7.3.3/sr>gcc --version
  gcc (GCC) 3.1

  ~/postgresql-7.3.3/sr>./configure
  bash: ./configure: No such file or directory