RE: fail in installing postgresql-6.5.3 to FreeBSD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shen Jianxiang(Outlook)
Subject RE: fail in installing postgresql-6.5.3 to FreeBSD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
::>On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Shen Jianxiang(Outlook) wrote:
::>
::>> Thanks for your replies.
::>>
::>> Yes, I tried to install PostgreSQL to FreeBSD using
::>port, as 'root'.
::>> As your recomend, I tried to use port postgresql7, but I
::>was stopped
::>> at the same error message.
::>> May I run 'su  [-bcdefilmnqstvVxX ] [ argument ... ]' at
::>command line?
::>
::>do a 'which su'?  are you, but some odd chance, running a
::>non-FreeBSD su?
::>
::>
I am not sure I understand what's your meaning...
When I install I have to login as 'root'. I don't know how can I
become a "FreeBSD su".

Best Regards,
Shen Jianxiang
shen@nsk.nis.nec.co.jp