Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Richard Welty
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:22:48 +0000 Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> wrote:
> +1 Vote from me. I don't see a reason why the PostgreSQL community
> should hide their opinion on swpats, esp. since it already did hit us.
> Our position should be stated at least as prominent as /about/licence.

i too favor a restrained "no software patents" page with a carefully
selected list of links to other resources.

minimize the politics, but make the position clear, and give people
a place to go for more information.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net
             "F=ma : it's not just a good idea, it's the law"