Re: Scale out postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Sumedh Pathak
Subject Re: Scale out postgresql
Date
List pgsql-performance
Disclaimer, I work for Citus Data.

You can check out www.citusdata.com. We aim to scale out PostgreSQL, and offer it both in the cloud and on-prem. Happy to put you in touch with the right people if you have more questions.

Thanks,
Sumedh

From: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 9:19 AM
To: samruohola@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Scale out postgresql

Hey Sam,
Are you familiar with scale solutions that arent in the cloud ?

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 28 במרץ 2019 ב-18:10 מאת ‪Sam R.‬‏ <‪samruohola@yahoo.com‬‏>:‬
Hi!

With following kinds of keywords, it is possible to find / search for cloud native (SQL) implementations e.g. with google:

cloud native sql database

E.g. CockroachDB, YugaByteDB.

I do not know are you planning to do it by other means (by yourself).

I myself would be interested, has someone had experiences with such? Is HA provided "ready made? Is HA working fine and does it recover/handle all situations well, or is additional algorithms needed to be implemented in addition on top e.g. for automatic recovery (by "myself").

I could start an other email chain, if this chain is meant more for something else.

Best Regards
Sam

On to, maalisk. 28, 2019 at 12:10, Mariel Cherkassky
Hey,
I was searching for a solution to scale my postgresql instance in the cloud. I'm aware of that that I can create many read only replicas in the cloud and it would improve my reading performance. I wanted to hear what solution are you familiar with ? Are there any sharding solution that are commonly used (citus ? pg_shard ?) My instance has many dbs (one per customer) and big customers can generate a load of load on others..

Thanks.