RE: [Proposal] Level4 Warnings show many shadow vars - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ranier Vilela
Subject RE: [Proposal] Level4 Warnings show many shadow vars
Date
List pgsql-hackers
De: Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com>
Enviado: quinta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2019 21:06
>I suggested increasing the default warnings in an email some time ago,
>to which Tom made reasonable objections.  You might want to take a
>look at his comments, and consider if you can overcome the concerns
>he had:
I understand Tom's considerations.
What I mean is, everyone already knows, it's easier and safer to fix this kind of mistake early.
I'll do as Robert asked, but as with global variables, it's hard to fix.
What did the original author want, use the global variable or not use it by overriding the name.
If it was to use the global variable, it will affect the behavior of the function, I believe.

regards,
Ranier Vilela