RE: Big performance slowdown from 11.2 to 13.3 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From ldh@laurent-hasson.com
Subject RE: Big performance slowdown from 11.2 to 13.3
Date
List pgsql-performance

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 13:36
To: ldh@laurent-hasson.com
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>; Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>; David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>;
pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Big performance slowdown from 11.2 to 13.3

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 10:33 AM ldh@laurent-hasson.com <ldh@laurent-hasson.com> wrote:
> Damn... I know Windows is a lower priority, and this is yet another issue, but in Healthcare, Windows is so prevalent
everywhere...

To be clear, I didn't actually say that. I said that it doesn't matter either way, as far as addressing this long
standing"int64 vs long"

issue goes.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Yes, agreed Peter... The "lower priority" issue was mentioned, but not in terms of the applicability of the fix
overall.Personally, I would prefer going the size_t route vs int/long/int64 in C/C++/. Of course, as a user, I'd love a
patchon V13 and something cleaner in V14.

Thanks,
Laurent.